Wednesday 19 May 2010

Six Medaillon Style Romantic Chairs

These six rosewood chairs I bought in Lisbon. The general condition is good, but not perfect. These chairs have been restored already.  Some of the wood parts needed restoration work (especially on joints of the back), also I decided to change completely upholstery (including the inside part together with the springs). Some parts of the wood became dark with the time. When I started the polishing process the wood showed up in different colors that made the chairs look even more interesting.  Here I took some pictures of one chair. Of course all the chairs are different from the point of view the work to be done.  The main problem was to find "the" textile for these chairs since I didn't want them to look too classic, but with a touch of modernity.  And then it came an idea to create my own textile. So I did it. 


            

                        


                                

                  









No comments:

Post a Comment