Monday 1 March 2010

Old Journal Table




This old journal table was found in Lisbon. The small drawer missed bottom and the top of the table was totally destroyed. On the pictures you can see the table without the top part.
The idea was to make crackle effect on the table with stencil drawing.
The process started with cleaning and polishing the table. Also it required to glue little parts of the table. At the specialized store I ordered to cut the top wood part for the table and bottom for the drawer.
Then I covered the table with liquid base for crackle effect. After it got dry I used crackle white paint.
Later on I prepared stencil drawing out of the transparent paper. I fixed the stencil with paper tape and used sponge to put the black paint on the stencil. I also painted black square on the drawer and stripes on top. For to match the whole style I painted handle with black paint as well. For to fix the crackle paint I used transparent matte varnish.
The final touch was to glue black self-adhesive laminate on the bottom of the drawer. And here its the result!




3 comments:

  1. I wish my wife would be interested in restoration like you are.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You cant belive the look of this table before Yana worked on it!!!!Well done!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very good work!The birds are very simple,but sophisticated)

    ReplyDelete